2/04/2022

[Husband Infidelity] My husband caught Covid-19 from his adulteress.

 

Q : I have found out that my husband caught Covid-19 from his adulteress. He begs me for forgiveness and says he broke up with her. I have also learned that they had dates in unbelievably creative and the most bizarre ways. I simply freaked out and hired a lawyer for a lawsuit against the adulteress and a divorce. My husband keeps bagging me for forgiveness, but I just can't. My rage is such that I want to kill both of them, and I am suffering from excruciating pain due to the sense of betrayal and despair.

A : Social restrictions due to the pandemic situation leads to the revelation of infidelity cases for many couples. The husband cannot go out or leave home to meet the adulteress due to Covid-19 pandemic situation, so cannot but try to restore marriage relationship for now. Then, the wife begins to believe and trust the husband, and regains the sense of relief and comfort. However, it is highly likely that the husband plans to continue infidelity, or is still continuing infidelity in some secretive ways since he is still in the condition of relationship addiction. 

Both the wife's post traumatic stress and the husband's relationship addiction continue to deteriorate whether he continues or stops infidelity unless properly treated. When post traumatic stress that has been covered up but progressing is activated by some trigger later, the wife may file lawsuits and get a divorce but she will end up living an unhappy life for the rest of her life since her condition has not been treated at all. 

It is urgent that you treat post traumatic stress regardless of your husband's condition or other practical situations. Then, you can give your husband an opportunity to treat his relationship addiction and live a happy life with your children whether you stay in marriage or get a divorce. 

https://youtu.be/m6oD0CVhARM


 About KIP(Korea Institute of Psycho-education) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Mother Therapy] Children and teens running away from home

  Many children and adolescents run away from home, and many become victims or perpetrators of incidents after they run away. Whatever the...