4/26/2021

[Publication] Work and Self-actualization

 


Making a cup of coffee after arriving at my office, taking it to my desk, and turning on my computer... I was preparing my day of an emotional laborer unconsciously. When I was taking a sip of the coffee, a co-worker sitting on my next who always seemed to be vibrant and have fun started telling me that he would like to quit the work through online messenger with complaints. We used to console each other and then get back to work as if we have just finished a monthly or yearly event. If we knew about his book at that moment, we would have talked about pride instead of consolation.


I once heard about the Smile Mask Syndrome of emotional laborers. After reading this book, I was enlightened. I had a hard time and was distressed as I consciously received my counterparty's unconsciously made speeches, actions, and facial expressions. When I tried to have a talk with my husband about my uncomfortable feelings, he took it as stress and searched for fun for himself. Well, of course, the next that I tried to have a talk was my children.


I had a chance to look back through 25 years of my working life after seeing two questions 'why do we work?' and 'for what do we work?' at the beginning of this book. The ultimate goal of my working life was self-actualization. However, I was suffering from personal stress of being weary for sure because I categorized myself into the case of working without any other options and then pursued present happiness as a woman. I should activate my own healing system from now on. I learned the importance of the harmonious balance of work and family. The reason and the purpose of working are to do self-actualization with my family whom I love.


Preface


This book is written based on the lectures given at Korea University Graduate School of Labor Studies. This book is needed for every working people. It is about the healing of various stress and wounds that are generated when we pursue economic values, values of human relationships, and social values, etc. as we work.


Working generates stress because it requires understanding and memory. When thoughts operate psychologically, perception and memory operate simultaneously as well; as the energy of the unconscious is supplied, it is recognized through the conscious. Work is needed for life as the value of existence; regardless of gender, it is a requisite for self-actualization of every human being. Therefore, the mind and work are inseparable as we live for self-actualization; without healing stress from work, the mind will suffer from difficulties. In other words, work has direct impacts on the human mind and psychology.


Psychology on work that complex human relationships operate is being studied by many including psychiatry and psychology. However, in the absence of a basic study of the actual mind and psychology, simply studying psychology has made it even more difficult to study the human mind by changing the paradigm of work, developing industry and civilization, and the emergence of the internet and social media; people involved in work are learning a lot about psychology, self-improvement, business and start-up, happiness, etc. in various ways.


Since it is difficult to write in detail how to heal the stress of work in a limited range, I would like to explain how to deal with stress from work based on the principle of human mind and psychology, if possible.


You are much more professional and capable when it comes to knowledge of work. No matter how well I am aware of work and work psychology, I do not know much about the specific work and the details of the work. However, I can explain to you the principle of healing the stress caused by work by studying the mind and psychology more deeply than you. Therefore, in this book work is only interpreted from the view of human psychology.


The book can be divided into four parts: the basics of human psychology, human psychology on work, the workaholics commonly found around, and the impacts of work on happiness.


I run a counseling office to treat psychological disorders. My counseling is for helping those who have difficulties in their daily lives due to mind problems to live happily again. I especially deal with seriously intensive psychological disorders such as intensive depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, personality disorder, delusional disorder, addiction, etc. Mild psychological problems or disorders can also be coped with at other counseling offices; however, intensive psychological disorders cannot be treated without accurately understanding the human mind and psychology, which is the reason why treatment faces difficulties. Moreover, there are not many experts who can successfully treat these intensive psychological disorders, resulting in difficult situations for psychological treatment. So, many people with intensive psychological disorders rely on religions and/or shamanism, or medications. They live in agony, giving up treating themselves because they think it is impossible.


Counselings that treat from post-traumatic stress disorder to various psychological disorders generated by an affair, sudden bereavement, sexual violence, etc. are provided at Korea Institute of Psycho-education; as for teenagers' psychological disorders, their psychology is examined much more carefully in detail.


This book is going to be very different from the contents that you've been exposed to through various books, educations, lectures, online sources when it comes to healing stress. This book is composed of the unconscious that you always express through speeches, actions, and facial expressions but have never felt and principles of how the human mind and psychology operate.


I thank everyone who has helped me to publish this book.


Table of Contents


Preface

Note


Chapter 1. Psychology of Work

1. Self-actualization of a PIR (person in relationships)

2. Meaning of Work to Human Beings

3. Knowledge and Emotions of Work

4. The Purpose and Options of Work

5. The Stress of Work & Psychology

6. Healing Stress Generated from Work


Chapter 2. Work Addiction

1. What Is Addiction?

2. Work Addiction (workaholism)

3. Psychological Disorder of Work

   1) The Disorder of the Conscious of Work

   2) The Disorder of the Emotion of Work

4. The Healing of Work Addiction


Chapter 3, Work and Family

1. Happiness of PIR

2. PIR and Family

3. Work and Family

   - Success Orientation

4. Pleasurable Life

6. Comfortable Life

7. Happy Life


Chapter 4. The Mind of PIR

1. Healing and Killing

2. The Mind of PIR

3. The Operation of Psychology

   1) Close Human Relationship

   2) Conscious Human Relationship

   3) Abnormal Human Relationship

4. Emotional Confrontation and Stress

   1) Difference in The Psychology of Conversation

   2) Difference in The Memory of Emotion

   3) Difference in Psychological Interaction

5. Men’s Stress & Healing

6. Women’s Stress & Healing


Apply for free consultation on psychological problems


http://www.uip.ac

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Sex & Xes] The purpose of having sex

  What is the purpose of sex? For men, it should be for the happiness of the woman they love, and for women it should be solely for the happ...